Triathlon Alberta Board of Directors
- President: Laura Johnston, Edmonton, Term: 2018 to 2019
- Secretary: Sharron Oakey, Drayton Valley, Term: 2017 to 2019
- Treasurer: Ryan Barrett, Calgary, Term: 2018 to 2020
- Directors at Large - Information Technology Specialization: Andrew Slessor, Sturgeon County, Term: 2018 to 2020
- Directors at Large - Technical Specialization: Shaun Richer, Red Deer, Term: 2018 to 2020
- Directors at Large: Mark Fraser, St. Albert, Term: 2018 to 2019
- Directors at Large: Michael Orsini, Medicine Hat, Term: 2018 to 2019
Triathlon Alberta Staff
- Executive Director: Winston To
- Program Manager: Sebastian Porten
- Social Media and Marketing Coordinator: Robyn Jenkins
- Provincial Coach: Bart Ujack
Mission, Vision, Values
Triathlon Alberta fosters the innovation and development of programs, services and resources for the triathlon community in Alberta.
Triathlon Alberta is valued and recognized as a national leader of excellence.
Annual General Meeting
At the end of every season, we host our Annual General Meeting (AGM). All Triathlon Alberta members are invited to attend the AGM and all Triathlon Alberta members over the age of 16 are entitled to vote on proposed resolutions and elect positions to the Board.
Date: Sunday, October 27, 2019
Location: Argyll Velodrome - 6850 88 Street NW, Edmonton AB
9:00 am to 10:30 am - Coaches/Athletes/Clubs Annual Meeting
10:45 am to 12:15 am - Officials/Race Directors Annual Meeting
12:15 pm to 1:00 pm - Lunch - Supplied by Triathlon Alberta
1:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Triathlon Alberta AGM
To sign up, please visit: https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/7957-triathlon-alberta-agm-and-annual-meetings
The Triathlon Alberta Board passed a motion on December 10, 2017, in regards to using online voting as the only means of electing Board of Directors members. Only Triathlon Alberta annual members are eligible to vote.
Read the Electronic Voting Motion.
2019 Board of Directors Election
Triathlon Alberta will have 5 vacancies (President-Elect, Secretary, 3 Directors at Large) for the 2019 Board of Directors Election. Please see below of the schedule when nominations will open and close along with the voting period.
*No nominees for President-Elect position
Nominations Open: September 1, 2019
Nominations Close: September 18, 2019
Voting Period: October 3 to October 20, 2019 - All 2019 annual members above the age of 16 will receive an email of the voting process and procedure
AGM: October 27, 2019
AGM Minutes AND YEAR END FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
Triathlon Alberta members are encouraged to review the minutes from previous years prior to the AGM and forward questions by email to email@example.com.
Previous AGM Minutes and Year End Financial Statements:
Bylaws & Policies
All members of the Triathlon Alberta - athletes, coaches, clubs, officials, volunteers and parents are bound by the policies as set out by the Triathlon Alberta.
Bylaws of Triathlon Alberta - approved November 28, 2017
Code of Conduct & Ethics Policy - updated June 2018
Board of Director - Code of Ethics - approved January 25, 2018