Please read and complete the form below.
WAIVER, RELEASE & INDEMNITY
I understand and agree that my participation in events, programs, races, or activities organized, operated, conducted and/or sanctioned by Triathlon Alberta and/or Various Triathlon Alberta Clubs and Members registered with Triathlon Alberta is conditional upon my execution of this document.
- Acknowledge and accept my obligation as a participant in sanctioned events, to be aware and abide by the Triathlon Canada Competition Rules as updated and outlined on the Triathlon Canada and Triathlon Alberta website.
- Acknowledge and accept to abide by all disciplinary and appeals procedures of Triathlon Alberta. I understand that my failure to not abide, may result in disciplinary action by Triathlon Alberta as provided for by the Disciplinary and Appeals Procedures.
- Acknowledge and accept that race conditions and courses in competition events may vary in safety, and may have unmarked and unforeseen obstacles.
- Agree to conduct myself in a sportsperson like manner, at all times while competing in all Triathlon Alberta sanctioned event(s) as noted in the Triathlon Canada Competition Rules.
- Acknowledge that event entry fees and/or my participation fees may be nonrefundable.
- Acknowledge that I have sole responsibility for my personal possessions and athletic equipment at all times during my participation in event(s).
- Attest that I am physically fit, healthy and I have sufficiently trained and prepared for the physical and mental challenge of my participation in competition and event(s)
- Acknowledge and accept that as a competitor and participant in a triathlon and/or multisport event, that it involves the possibility of risk to my safety, health, wellbeing, and may possibly result in injury or death.
- Acknowledge and accept the risks, and all others arising from these events and programs, even if arising from the negligence, gross negligence or negligent rescue by those associated in any way with Triathlon Alberta and/or Various Triathlon Alberta Clubs events and programs I may be involved in, the venues at which these events and programs takes place or by those organizing, officiating, or participating in these events and programs throughout the year, including their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, servants, volunteers and representatives.
- Consent to receive medical treatment which may be deemed advisable in the event of injury, accident or illness during, including immediately prior to and immediately following, an Triathlon Alberta event(s).
- Agree to remove myself from participation in competition and event(s) if I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition, or if, at any time, at any event or program, I feel unable or unfit to safely continue for any reason.
- Agree my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, waive and release any and all claims that I may have against Triathlon Alberta, its officials, directors, members, volunteers and agents, and their executors, administrators, heirs, and assigns, for all injuries or death suffered by me while in transit to/from or participating in, including immediately prior to and immediately following to the particular Triathlon Alberta event.
- Have read and understand this waiver, release and indemnity, I am aware that by signing this agreement I am waiving substantial legal rights (on my behalf and on behalf of my heirs, executors, administrators and next of kin), including the giving up of my right to sue.