Triathlon Alberta is affiliated with the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC), whose role is to encourage the growth and development of coaches in Canada. Triathlon Alberta offers comprehensive National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) Certification Courses for individuals who wish to be involved in a coaching capacity.
- Information regarding NCCP Triathlon Coaching Courses can be found here.
- NCCP Coaching Course dates are TBA, however if you wish to be placed on a waiting list to be notified of the next NCCP Coaching Courses, you may do so here.
- If you wish to receive Triathlon Canada Coach News, you may sign up here!
- For information regarding International level coaching, please visit: ITU Coach Education Program
Online Background Checks:
In order to ensure the safety of our athletes, we have established a way in which individuals can complete an online background check through SterlingBackcheck. The Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC) consists of two components:
Criminal Record Check (CRC)
search for adult convictions within the RCMP National Repository of Criminal Records
Local Police Information (LPI)
- search for additional convictions and select non-conviction information within national and local databases
Background checks search for information regarding:
- Peace Bonds
- Prohibition Orders
- Release Conditions
- Probation Orders
- Summary Convictions
- Recent Convictions (not yet registered in the National Repository)
Background checks through this system are usually completed (on average) within 1 business day.
To complete your background check, please visit this page. If you require assistance through the process, please contact the myBackcheck team at 1-877-455-6730.